This is an aerial assessment of riparian areas of the Vermilion River subwatershed. It includes:
- Delineation of lotic riparian areas and floodplains of the Vermilion River and riparian areas of its major tributaries.
- Assessment of the condition of all riparian areas in the watershed using a rapid method or methods.
- Identification of intact areas for conservation and/or protection.
- Identification of degraded areas for restoration.
- Prioritization of degraded areas for restoration.
Results from the aerial assessment and evaluation of riparian health showed that only 19% of the riparian areas within the Vermilion River subwatershed are in good condition, while 27% are in fair condition and 54% are in poor condition.